What percentage of men wear scents like cologne? Good question. Inquiring minds want to know.
When you Google it, the answer is 63% occasionally and 23% all the time. See graphic above. Apparently the stat does not include aftershave or body sprays.
Now the Wall Street Journal uses a different source,: "In a report from market researcher Mintel, 55% of men said they wear cologne."
State & Country %
The discussion board Basenotes, "loving perfume on the internet" has a thread on the topic.
- In discussions on this board, American guys from Minnesota and Oregon are guessing in the 10% range, plus or minus. ("I think even adding in deodorant and antiperspirant- daily - - you might get to around 20% .")
- A man from Puerto Rico says 15% here.
- Singapore says 0, nobody.
- Abu Dhabi says "110% of men here. The 10% is the overflow of influence onto expatriates here."
- Germany suspects "daily use, no; aftershave < 5%; on special occasions < 10%."
- Spain claims 80%, "but if you discount the people who has less than 2 bottles and this bottles are le male or Hugo boss the number decreases to 10%."